Blossom Spring Publishing accepts unsolicited manuscripts. Our aim is to break down barriers between publishers, authors and readers. Everyone is welcome to submit their story to us regardless if agented or otherwise, their age, faith, disability, race, gender, or whatever their background is. It doesn’t matter if it is your first story or you are an established author, we will read every submission sent to us.
We accept manuscripts for fiction, non-fiction, short stories, novellas and children’s stories with illustrations.
We don’t accept the following;
- stories that carry a theme for one occasion only such as Christmas, Thanks Giving, Easter etc.
- work written in languages other than English
- cook books
What is Blossom Spring Publishing looking for?
Your story should have an exciting plot and be carefully planned, with an ending that is not predictable! The interest should be generated by the characters themselves, making us care about what happens to them. We desire novels that will take the reader out of the realm of everyday existence. We don’t publish extreme profanity which we consider unnecessary in any credible literary work. However, a small amount of mild bad language is acceptable, if relevant to the character and storyline. We will not accept stories that exploit sexual abuse, abuse to children, extreme violence, racism and promotion of hatred. Above all, we are looking for originality and writers with a unique voice!
Innovative material with a positive message, interesting and facts that have been researched thoroughly.
We look for children’s stories that are fun, exciting, engaging, educational and ideally has a moral to the story.
How To Submit Your Manuscript
If you would like us to consider your manuscript we ask that you use our online form below.
There are two possible replies you will receive from us if we think that your story would be a good fit for us:
- You will be offered a traditional publishing contract. We do not offer an advance on sales but we will cover ALL publishing costs.
- Our Publishing B contract. This offer is based on a publishing contribution fee to be paid by the author, to cover initial production and printing of the work. However, we also invest in the cost of publishing your book, so the fee is kept as low as possible for you. We have introduced this type of contract with the intention of giving authors a fair chance to start their writing career and then move them onto our traditional publishing contract as soon as possible.
Please make sure that your name and email address are shown clearly at the top of your synopsis and manuscript.
- For fiction – a one page synopsis and the first three chapters of your manuscript if over 70,000 words. For less words including short stories and novellas, also non fiction, you may send us your complete manuscript.
- All manuscripts should be in 1.5 line spacing and font size 12, chapters and pages also numbered with indented paragraphs. No footers or headers and edited to a good standard. We have high regard for good presentation! Your manuscript should be sent as an attachment in Word Document or PDF file.
- Children’s stories intended as a picture book MUST be submitted with illustrations, or at least a sample illustration of the main characters. We no do not provide illustrations and will not consider picture books without a sample illustration/s.
- Submissions to Blossom Spring Publishing are confidential. We carefully consider all submissions, but because of the high volume we receive we cannot give individual feedback or editorial guidance. We will reply to you within 2 -4 weeks if we are able to offer you a publishing agreement.
Please only submit one story at a time. If you don’t receive a reply after the time frame stated above, you may send us another story if you wish. We will not read the same story twice, so please make sure it is new to us.
We look forward to reading your manuscript.