Blossom Spring Publishing is one of the few publishers who accept unsolicited manuscripts (that is, those that are not presented to us by an agent and self-published authors). We accept manuscripts for fiction, non-fiction and children’s stories. At present, we are particularly interested in the following:
- commercial women’s fiction, including historical romance and saga.
- crime and psychological thrillers.
- paranormal and mystery.
- children’s fiction.
- health & well-being
- food and drink
We do not accept
- short stories
- work written in languages other than English
What is Blossom Spring Publishing looking for from an author?
The manuscript should have an exciting plot and be carefully planned with an ending that is not predictable. The interest should be generated by the characters themselves, making us care enough about what happens to them. We desire novels that will take the reader out of the realm of everyday existence. We discourage profanity which we consider unnecessary in any credible literary work. However, a small amount of bad language is acceptable if relevant to the character and story. We also discourage stories that exploit sexual abuse, abuse to children, extreme violence, racism and promotion of hatred. Above all, we are looking for originality.
Innovative material with a positive message and facts that have been researched thoroughly.
We look for children’s stories that are fun, exciting, engaging, educational, and ideally has a moral to the story.
How To Submit Your Manuscript
If you would like us to consider your manuscript, we ask that you use our online form below.
Before starting the form, it is recommended that you prepare the following:
- For fiction and non-fiction – a 1 or 2 Page synopsis.
- For children’s stories – please send us the full story. If you would like us to consider your own illustrations, please also include them in your submission.
- All manuscripts should be in double line spacing and font size 12, chapters and pages also numbered. We have high regard for good presentation. Your manuscript should be sent as an attachment in Word Document or PDF file.
- All submissions to Blossom Spring Publishing are confidential. We carefully consider all submissions, but because of the high volume we receive, we cannot give individual feedback or editorial guidance but we will reply to you within 4 – 6 weeks.