Blossom Spring Publishing is one of the few publishers who accept unsolicited manuscripts (that is, those that are not presented to us by an agent and self-published authors). We accept manuscripts for all fiction, non-fiction and children’s stories. At present we are particularly interested in the following:
- commercial women’s fiction, including historical romance and saga
- crime and psychological thrillers
- paranormal and mystery
- children’s fiction.
- health & well-being
- food and drink
We do not accept
- short stories
- work written in languages other than English
What is Blossom Spring Publishing looking for from an author?
The manuscript should have an exciting plot and be carefully planned with an ending that is not predictable. The interest should be generated by the characters themselves, making us care enough about what happens to them. We desire novels that will take the reader out of the realm of everyday existence. We discourage profanity which we consider unnecessary in any credible literary work. However, a small amount of bad language is acceptable if relevant to the character and story. We also discourage stories that exploit sexual abuse, abuse to children, extreme violence, racism and promotion of hatred. Above all, we are looking for originality.
Innovative material with a positive message and facts that have been researched thoroughly.
We look for children’s stories that are fun, exciting, engaging, educational, and ideally has a moral to the story.
How To Submit Your Manuscript
If you would like us to consider your manuscript we ask that you use our online form below.
There are three possible replies you will receive from us after we have read your work.
- You will be offered a traditional publishing agreement. We do not offer an advance on sales but we will cover all publishing costs.
- You will be offered our package B publishing agreement. This is given to authors that show potential in their work but have yet to establish a large readership. Package B is where we ask authors to pay a token fee towards the publishing costs (This is not vanity publishing. Note that vanity publishing is when a publisher will agree to publish any standard of work and as a rule they do not offer mainstream publishing with traditional contracts. In other words, they will say yes to every submission!) and this can vary depending on the type of book you have written, but we do our very best to keep it low cost and pay as much as we can for you. By offering this agreement, it means that we are not at a complete financial loss if we take a risk on publishing your work and it doesn’t sell to our expectations. We have introduced this type of agreement with the intention of giving authors a chance, where other publishing companies would not. Furthermore, should your first book sell well, there is every chance your next book will be awarded our traditional agreement next time. Our aim is to help and nurture new writers and move them onto traditional agreements. We are always looking for a bestseller.
- A rejection. This doesn’t mean to say your work is not good, it can be that your style of writing is not what we are currently looking for. Unfortunately, we cannot say yes to everyone and we do turn down more than we accept.
Before starting the form, it is recommended that you prepare the following:
- For fiction and non-fiction – a 1 or 2 Page synopsis.
- For children’s stories – please send us the full story. If you would like us to consider your own illustrations, please also include them in your submission.
- All manuscripts should be in double line spacing and font size 12, chapters and pages also numbered. We have high regard for good presentation. Your manuscript should be sent as an attachment in Word Document or PDF file.
- All submissions to Blossom Spring Publishing are confidential. We carefully consider all submissions, but because of the high volume we receive, we cannot give individual feedback or editorial guidance but we will reply to you within 4 – 6 weeks.